Police Investigate Incident Between H.V. Principal and Student
A Hudson Valley principal was accused of using excessive force against a middle school student.
On April 3, around 2:30 p.m., the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department responded to the Poughkeepsie Middle School to investigate an incident between the middle school principal, Da’Ron Wilson, and a student.
According to the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department, the incident began when a suspended student was found inside walking a school hallway.
When Principal Wilson attempted to stop the suspended student, the student resisted, police say.
Police were told that Principal Wilson used excessive force to stop the student.
After reviewing video from inside the school and interviewing students and staff present during the incident the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department decided to not file criminal charges against Da’Ron Wilson, police say.
The City of Poughkeepsie Police Department didn't go into more details about their investigation.
- Man Who Sodomized Child Lives Next to H.V. Elementary School
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Faking Cancer To Get Paid Days Off
- Hudson Valley Man Wins $2.5 Million Lotto Jackpot
- Hudson Valley Teen Murdered in College Dorm
- First Responders Save Hudson Valley Family's Dog's Life
- Dutchess County Man Killed in Route 9D Crash
- Victims in Triple Murder-Suicide to be Laid to Rest in Hudson Valley
- Did You Know That Barbara Bush Grew Up in the Hudson Valley?