Police Seek Help After Man Killed Potentially Racing on Taconic
Police continue to investigate reports of a motorcyclist who was killed while potentially racing on the Taconic.
New York State Police continue to investigate a fatal motor vehicle motorcycle crash on the Taconic State Parkway near Exit 8 on April 28, around 7 p.m.
Numerous witnesses told police a blue car appeared to be racing the motorcycle.
On Monday, police announced following an investigation, they discovered a 2006 Mercury sedan, while making a lane change, was hit on the rear driver's side by a 2017 Aprilia motorcycle.
The motorcycle driver, Scott V. McMahon, 27, of Yonkers, lost control and struck the concrete center median. McMahon was ejected from the motorcycle. A doctor who was also traveling on the Taconic stopped and administered emergency care until EMS arrived.
McMahon was then transported to Westchester Medical Center where he later died from his injuries, police say.
New York State Police are still investigating the accident and claims of racing. Any person that witnessed the crash is asked to please police at (914) 769-2600 and refer to SJS# 8209146.
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher, Father to 10 Killed
- Sex Trafficking Happening in Hudson Valley at 'Alarming Rates'
- Teen Killed in Crash in Hudson Valley, Driver Arrested
- Police Seek Help After Man Killed Potentially Racing on Taconic
- Hudson Valley High School Senior Killed in Crash
- Man Found Dead Pinned Under Truck in Hudson Valley
- Encounter With Bouncer, Customer at Hudson Valley Bar Goes Viral
- Hudson Valley Woman With Suspended License Causes Fatal Accident