How to Properly Dispose of an American Flag in the Hudson Valley
After a recent news story about people finding an American flag in the trash in Poughkeepsie, it got me to thinking, 'How do you dispose of a flag properly?' Turns out there are a few organizations locally that can help you out with this, at no charge.
- Any local chapter of the Boy Scouts of America
- Any location of the Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Any chapter of the American Legion
- Your local city hall or town government
What does a flag disposal ceremony consist of? American Disposal Services has information on three acceptable ways to dispose of an American Flag. The flag can be retired in a ceremonial flag burning, a burial ceremony or by shredding.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America