Snow Storm Prep List, Here Comes the White Stuff, Get Ready
Yet another snow storm is set to hit the Hudson Valley. Here are a few tips from Central Hudson Gas & Electric of things to do in advance to best take care of you and your family during this and any other winter storm:
Pay attention to weather advisories and storm warnings.
Keep a flashlight and fresh batteries handy.
Have a battery-powered radio to keep informed of restoration efforts.
Double-check your supply of food, and stock your pantry with packaged or canned foods that require no refrigeration or cooking.
Avoid opening your refrigerator unnecessarily during outages, so food lasts longer.
Be sure you have a non-electric can opener.
If you have an electric water pump, always keep an emergency supply of bottled water on hand for drinking and washing.
If a major storm is forecast, fill your tub with water as an added reserve.
Is there something that you do ahead of a winter storm that you would like to share with others?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America