Structure Fire Claims Life of Hudson Valley Resident
One person was killed during a fire early Wednesday morning in the Hudson Valley.
On Wednesday around 5:10 a.m., Ulster Hose, Hurley and Spring Lake fire departments were dispatched for a reported structure fire at Station Road with at least one person trapped inside.
First responders were met with heavy smoke and a fire coming from the back of the structure.
Rescuers searched the building and found one person inside who was removed. The unnamed person was taken to Health Alliance Hosptial in Kingston where the victim succumbed to their injuries, officials say.
One firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion, according to the Ulster County Fire/Rescue Incidents Facebook.
The fire was declared under control in about 20 minutes. The cause of the fire is unknown as of this writing.
- Tornado-Like Winds Wrecks Popular Hudson Valley Hiking Trail
- Structure Fire Claims Life of Hudson Valley Resident
- Police: High-Risk Sex Offender Caught Hiding in Hudson Valley
- Teen Killed Near Hudson Valley High School
- 23-Year-Old Killed in Head-On Crash Near Hudson Valley Park
- Cases of Fatal Brain Swelling Virus Triples
- Two School Buses Collide in Hudson Valley
- Police Will Pull You For This in New York Over Next 2 Weeks
- 2 NYPD, Including Groom Killed on Wedding Day in Hudson Valley
- Alarming Number of Hudson Valley Ticks Spread Lyme Disease