Subway To Close Up To 500 Stores By The End Of The Year
Subway Sandwich shops will be closing up to 500 stores nationwide before the end of the year. Will Hudson Valley locations be affected? Subway has 44,000 locations across the globe and close to 27,000 in the United States. So the closing of 500 won't put a dent in their overall total. In fact, they plan to open 1,000 new stores overseas.
The revitalization plan, announced last summer, will require independent owner-operators to invest more money in their locations. They will be adding more comfortable seating, Wi-Fi, and self-service kiosks according to CNN. Earlier this year, Subway announced a loyalty program to try to entice customers to return.
Do you think Subway's revitalization plan will be enough to turn things around?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America