Police: Texas Man Found With Illegal Gun, Drugs in Hudson Valley
A window tint led to a Texas man’s arrest for allegedly bringing an illegal loaded gun and drugs to the Hudson Valley.
On Friday, New York State Police from Wappinger charged 21-year-old Dorian A. Mitchell of Fort Worth, T.X., for criminal possession of a weapon, a felony, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.
On Friday around 10 p.m, troopers stopped a car on Route 9 near Schuyler Blvd for an alleged unlawful window tint. The driver, Mitchell, was found to be in possession of a loaded 9mm handgun and a small quantity of marijuana, authorities say.
Mitchell was arraigned at the Town of East Fishkill Court and he remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or $40,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Second Fatal Drunk Driving Accident
- DA: Hudson Valley Woman, Former Cop Killed 9 Horses
- Hundreds Displaced By Fire in Dutchess County
- Police: Hudson Valley Teens Stole 3 Motorcycles, Guns, Ammo
- DA: Hudson Valley Teacher Raped High School Student
- Young Mother Missing For Nearly 600 Days May Be in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley