The Foul Smell Coming out of the Bronx Isn’t What You Think
You have probably heard people joking around about the foul smells in a city, and you know that they must be just joking about it. However the foul smell coming out of the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx is real and will be short lived.
The smell is actually coming from a flower that is blooming this week. The formal name of the flower is the Titan-Arum, but it is known more commonly as a corpse flower. The reason its called a corpse flower? Well, we cannot confirm or deny that it gives off an odor that smells like a dead body, but it does release a very foul smelling odor every minute or so. Good luck for everyone who visits the Botanical Garden, it only blooms once every 10 years or so. Can't make it to the Botanical Garden? They have the Corpse Flower on live stream.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America