The Hudson Valley’s Newest Zip Line Now Open
One would hope the spring weather will stick around at some point. Who knows? We might head straight into summer. But if you're like most, chances are you're looking catch a breath of fresh air. Here's a fun new option in Orange County: the area's newest zip line at the Castle Fun Center in Chester.
According to their website, the ride is 130 feet off the ground and goes for around 700 feet. Speeds of 30 miles per hour are reached as you get a birds-eye view of Orange County. You must be at least 42 inches tall to get on and anyone up to 47 inches must be accompanied by someone 18 or older. At just $8 per ride, it sounds like fun.
According to the Times Herald-Record, the zip line is part of a $4 million dollar plan to upgrade the Castle. New rides for the kids have been installed as well as a new roller coaster. Up next, a 26,000 square foot addition for more fun.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America