Hudson Valley Boarding Schools, Are They a Thing?
Are boarding schools a thing of the past? There are many boarding schools in our area and they apparently aren't just for the financially elite.
What is a boarding school? From dictionary.com,
a school at which the pupils receive board and lodging during the school term
- EF Academy in Thornwood
- Millbrook School, Millbrook
- New York Military Academy, Cornwall
- Oakwood Friends Schools, Poughkeepsie
- The Masters School, Dobbs Ferry
- Chapel Field Christian School, Pine Bush
- Storm King School
- Dutchess Day School, Millbrook
- Soundview Prepatory School, Yorktown Heights
- Trinity Pawling School, Pawling
If you had to do it all over again and go back to school, would you consider a boarding or sleep away school? Do you think that you would get a better education? Do you think that the teachers and the curriculum would be tougher than going to a public school? Should these schools be required to have a certain amount of low income students attend?