NYS Troopers Need Your Help with 33 Year Old Cold Case
The NY State Troopers, Troop K, need your assistance in solving a cold case that dates back to April 2, 1985. It was on that date that the troopers found the remains of a deceased male.
The man was found in a wooded area off Route 301 in the town of Philipstown, Putnam County. According to a press release the location of discovery was not far from Canopus Lake and the Appalachian Trail. The investigators believe, based on the remains, DNA matching and dental records have not lead to any ID, that the man was between the ages of 27 and 35, with a height of about 5 feet 10 inches with brown hair.
Here is a link to photos from a forensic artist reconstruction, along with items that were found in the mans possession. If you think you could be of help in this cold case investigation, contact Troop K at 845-677-7300, case 3032562.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America