We've all seen kids ride on these toys on malls across the country. Has anyone ever seen one catch on fire? Is that what happened in at this mall in the Hudson Valley?

These toys are available at several of these kiosks at malls all over New York. Kids and adults line up to ride on these furry and electronic animal toys. Besides falling off of them or crashing into a wall or a mall patron I don't know if anyone has ever questioned their safety. Should we be concerned?

From the video, it's unclear on how big the fire was or if anyone was hurt.

While shopping at the Crystal Run Galleria in Middletown, A Hudson Valley man was able to capture the aftermath on video.

"It smelled really bad and the smoke was thick so we took off after the video."

Does seeing something like this deter you from letting your child ride one of these in the future?

Read more:

BONUS VIDEO