WATCH: Did You Know About This Strange New York Superstition?
If you're not from the state of New York you may have no idea about this weird tradition that is supposed to take place when buying a new car.
Being born and raised in the Detroit area (You know, the Motor City) I thought that I knew most things about cars but I guess I'm not up to date on my auto traditions or superstitions.
Did you know that there is a tradition here in New York and even New Jersey where if someone you know purchases a new or used car you have to throw money in the backseat.
Many believe that this tradition will bring you good luck in your travels and will allow your car maintenance to be a little less expensive. It's also believed to help the new driver with tolls through out the state.
Have you ever heard of this before?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America