Woman Killed by Oncoming Train in Hudson Valley
A woman was killed when she was hit by an oncoming train in the Hudson Valley.
On Tuesday around 1:15 p.m., the Ulster Police Department responded to a 911 call for a train vs. pedestrian accident on the railroad tracks off Route 9W in the area of Tractor Supply.
As a result of an investigation, police determined that a woman was fatally hit by an oncoming CSX locomotive that was traveling on the northbound tracks, police say.
At this time the cause of the accident remains under investigation. Police haven’t released the woman’s name.
The Ulster Police Department was assisted at the scene by members of the Ulster Hose Fire Department and CSX Police Department.
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School Bathroom
- Coywolf Spotted in Lower Hudson Valley, on Palisades Parkway
- Hudson Valley Lawyer Accused of Sexually Touching Another Woman
- Violent, High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Sets Fire to Home
- Police: Hudson Valley Couple Snorted Heroin Near Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley