Woman Tried to Smuggle Drugs into Hudson Valley Prison, Police
A Lake George woman is accused of trying to smuggle drugs into a Hudson Valley prison while visiting an inmate.
On Saturday, New York State Police from Wappinger were notified by the Downstate Correctional Facility in the Town of Fishkill that a woman tried to smuggle drugs into the facility.
Ashlee Koehler, 30, of Lake George was found in possession of approximately eight Suboxone pills, police say. She was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and promoting prison contraband, both felonies.
Koehler was arraigned in Town of Fishkill Justice Court and released on her own recognizance to reappear on Nov. 21.
- E-Cigs Banned in All Hudson Valley Restaurants, Bars
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Drove Drunk Twice in 24 Hour Period
- Dutchess County Man in Serious Condition Following Motorcycle Crash
- Hudson Valley Teens Rescued From Alleged Sex Traffickers
- Man Charged With Illegally Killing Deer in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley