Young Woman Found Dead in Hudson Valley Creek
Police are hoping you can help them identify a young woman who was found dead in a Hudson Valley creek.
On Tuesday, New York State Police responded to a 911 call for a body found in Wappinger Creek tributary stream accessible from Maloney Road in the town of Wappinger near the Lagrange town line.
The body of a deceased female believed to be approximately 5’3” tall and between the ages of 16 and 25 years old was found partially submerged, police say.
The woman’s weight prior to her death was believed to be 89 pounds, according to State Police.
She was found wearing white jeans, a pink t-shirt, a black button up sweater and black and purple Merrell sneakers.
Her name isn’t known at this time as a forensic examination and autopsy are still ongoing.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident or information that may lead to the identification of the victim they are asked to please contact Troop K Headquarters at (845) 677-7300. All calls can be kept confidential.
Video from the scene can be seen below:
- Hudson Valley School District Closes All Schools Due to Shooting Threat
- Sources: Woman Found Floating in Hudson Valley Creek
- DOH: 380 Die From Opioid Overdoses in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Fighting For Life From Flu
- Hudson Valley Man Fatally Beat Friend Near Train Tracks
- Hudson Valley Fifth Grader Competing for Team USA
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley