$98 Million Luxury Resort, Cafe, Brew House Coming to Region
A $98 million hotel, a brewhouse and an Italian cafe are expected to be built along the Hudson River.
The Mid-Hudson Regional Economic Development Council's 2019 progress report includes about $98 million for a luxury hotel in partnership with the Culinary Institute of America in the Town of Hyde Park.
The hotel, located on the grounds of the Culinary Institute of America, will be within walking distance of the school and will offer cooking classes and more programs that will help the CIA expand its reach, officials say.
The hotel will be built by Nolan Reynolds International. The Empire State Development recently awarded Nolan Reynolds International a $1.9 million grant to build the hotel in Hyde Park.
Nolan Reynolds International hopes to hire people with a low income to help with construction and says once the project is complete there will be a number of full-time jobs for Hudson Valley residents.
The Empire State Development also awarded the Culinary Institute of America $175,000 to construct, renovate and launch Post Road Brew House and an Italian Cafe & Bar at Ristorante Caterina on campus.
The Culinary Institute of America Renovation Project, which includes the brewhouse and cafe, is expected to help make the Culinary Institute of America a "world-premiere destination" and "key attraction" for visitors.
- Winter Weather Could Turn Hudson Valley Roads Into 'Skating Rink'
- 'Iconic' Mario M. Cuomo Bridge is Getting a Makeover
- Story of Hudson Valley Woman's Disappearance, Death Hits Netflix
- Culinary Honors Anthony Bourdain With Campus Memorial
- Hudson Valley City One of '50 Worst Cities to Live In' in U.S.
- Many Protest Drag Queen Story Hour in Hudson Valley
- 150 Acre Hudson Valley Farm With Equestrian Facility is For Sale