Fire in the Hudson Highlands Near Breakneck Ridge
Smoke billowed off the ridgeline of the Hudson Highlands between Mount Beacon and Breakneck Ridge Friday evening.
As observed from the Notch Trail parking area off of Route 9D, the fire appeared to be near the Sugarloaf Mountain lookout spot.
New York Department of Environmental Conservation officers were observed near the Wilkinson Trail lot just north of the popular Breakneck Ridge trail access.
Sugarloaf Mountain features one of the most scenic views in the Hudson Valley. The iconic knotted tree trunk at the top of the mountain set against the backdrop of the Hudson River and Storm King Mountain is frequently photographed.
This is a developing storyline. We will have more information as it becomes available.
- Hudson Valley Family Devastated After Pet Goats Go Missing
- 'Beloved' Lower Hudson Valley Restaurant Owner Suddenly Dies
- Suspicious Device Forces Hudson Valley School to Evacuate
- 9 Hudson Valley School Districts Among Best in New York
- Cash4Life Winning Ticket Sold in Hudson Valley
- Kelsey Grammer Opens Tavern in Catskills
- Man Makes Wrong Turn, Wins $1 Million at Hudson Valley Store