Game Day Recipes Sure to Impress!!!
With the Super Bowl just a few days away I thought I'd help you guys out and share a few of my favorite recipes sure to impress at any party. Why are they my favorite, well not just because they are YUMMY but because they are EASY! Now I cant take all the credit for the recipes as "technically" they aren't mine...but they are my adaptation of a "borrowed" recipe. The first i'd like to share is an amazing buffalo chicken dip, recipe credit to Franks RedHot. Below is my adaptation but feel free to check out the original recipe by clicking here. My adaption is very close...
SARAH'S BANGIN BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP (Full credit really to Frank's RedHot)
- 1 (8 oz. pkg.) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup FRANK'S® RedHot® Original Sauce (they suggest other flavors too but I prefer the original!)
- 1/2 cup chunky bleu cheese dressing
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I use two of the 12oz canned chicken but of course if you're fancy you can use cook a breast or two and shredded it...hey no dirty thoughts!)
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
COMBINE all ingredients in a 1-quart baking dish.
BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Serve with crackers and/or vegetables. I personally love the scoop chips with my dip!
Now my second recipe again has to be credited to another...my friend "Sweet Melissa" showed me how she made chicken wings a long time ago and over the years i've added my own flair! Really the key to a great wing is the process...not really the ingredients because lets be honest...you buy sauce! So rather than give you a recipe per say i will share with you my process...again it's super easy! PS you will need a deep fryer!
SARAH'S SAUCY WINGS
- As many wings as you want! Get the jumbo kind...Stop N Shop sells some big boys!
- Sauce...any you want! For BBQ flavor I love 'Sweet Baby Rays' and they have so many different types! For buffalo of course I recommend FRANK'S® RedHot® and my favorite is actually a marinade from Hannaford! It's there Taste of Inspirations Ginger Teriyaki. Yum! Be creative, this is where the wings become you're own!
- Butter (2-3 tablespoons, melted)
- Heat Deep Fryer (you want to let it heat for at least 5mins to get the oil nice and hot!)
- Pre-heat oven (I go by the temp listed on the bag of wings. Should be between 375-425)
- Melt the butter
- NOW THE MAGIC
- Fry the wings until cooked through (depends on the size of the wing, rough idea 5-6mins)
- Once cooked remove from deep fryer onto paper towel to soak excess oil off
- In a bowl toss together your wings, your butter and your sauce.As much or as little sauce as you like.
- Then once tossed put the wings on a baking sheet (i put foil down first) or bake in a disposable tin pan.
- In the oven it goes...since the wings are already cooked via the fryer you only want to keep the wings in the oven long enough to lock in that sauce. About 6-8mins.
- THEN ENJOY!