Many Hudson Valley Schools Are Teaming Up to Save Lives
A number of Hudson Valley schools, from all over the local area, are joining together to make sure Hudson Valley hospitals have access to the life-saving blood they need before the winter.
Blood reserves typically drop in the winter due to fewer donations, according to a press release from the New York Blood Center.
The schools are working with the New York Blood Center to hold drives throughout early November with extended hours to make it easy for donors to participate.
A one-hour blood donation can save many lives, officials say.
Nearly 2,000 donations are needed each day in New York and New Jersey alone, according to the New York Blood Center. About one in seven hospital admissions requires a blood transfusion, and with a limited shelf life, supplies must be continually replenished.
Participating schools are:
Tappan Zee High School
Nov. 1, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
15 Dutch Hill Road, Orangeburg, NY 10962
North Rockland High School
Nov. 2, from 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
106 Hammond Road, Thiells, NY 10984
Rondout Valley High School
Nov. 2, from 8:08:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
122 Kyserike Road, Accord, NY 12404
New Paltz Middle School
Nov. 6, from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
196 Main Street, New Paltz, NY 12561
Meadow Hills Global Exploration Magnet School
Nov. 6, from3:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
124 Meadow Hill Road, Newburgh, NY 12550
- 2 Killed, 2 Injured in Fiery Helicopter Crash
- Hudson Valley Man Mysteriously Found Dead on Halloween
- Hudson Valley Driver Shot, Gucci Bag With Over $2,000 Stolen
- Many Hudson Valley Schools Are Teaming Up to Save Lives
- Cops: Body Found After Elderly Hudson Valley Man Jumps Off Bridge
- Blind Hudson Valley Veteran Aims to Help Lives of Disabled Vets
- 4 Children Accused of Drawing Multiple Swastikas in Hudson Valley
- Manhattanites Are Taking Over the Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Heroin Dealer Found With 1,440 Bags
- Hudson Valley Pizzeria Owner Evaded Nearly $1 Million in Taxes
- $596 Million Winning Lottery Tickets Sold in Hudson Valley