Newburgh Cafe Vandalized, Young Man Steps Forward
What started as an unfortunate vandalism situation turned into a happy ending.
Earlier this week the Shelter House Cafe in Newburgh shared surveillance video from outside of their local business near Downing Park. The video showed a group of young boys walking on to the Shelter House Cafe patio, taking a chair and then throwing it into the pond.
The video has since been taken down. However, we reached out to the Shelter House Cafe owner, Stephen Sinnott, after the incident. He said "The young man and his family stepped forward and look forward towards working together in beautifying our community."
Sinnott shared the photo of their meeting on Instagram, which you can see below:
The Shelter House Cafe is opened Wednesday through Saturday from 9 am to 7 pm and Sunday for Brunch from 9 am until 3 pm.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America