TSA: Gun-Carrying Grandmother Arrested at LaGuardia
TSA agents see a lot of things, but this was probably not what they were expecting. NBC is reporting that TSA agents at LaGuardia Airport confiscated a loaded gun at a checkpoint Monday morning.
The suspect doesn't fit the usual description, however. NBC is reporting that the person carrying the gun was actually a grandmother from North Carolina, who was traveling with her two grandchildren.
TSA officials say the gun was loaded with six bullets, with one in the chamber. The TSA says that you are allowed to travel with firearms in checked baggage if they are properly declared.
This could also vary from state to state though. See the TSA's full list of rules for transporting firearms HERE.
The gun-toting granny said she didn't know the loaded gun was in the bag because she had borrowed it. NBC says she was arrested on gun charges.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America