2 Arrested For Gun, Drugs, DWI on Taconic
Two men were arrested during a traffic stop on the Taconic. Police allege the driver was drunk and the car was packed with a gun, drugs and more.
On Saturday, the New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation from the Wappinger barracks arrested 25-year-old Jacob A. Alvarez of Brooklyn and Matthew R. Santiago, 23, of Queens for criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal possession of a weapon, felonies, and criminal use of drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.
Alvarez was also charged with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.
During a traffic stop on the Taconic police allege that the driver, Alvarez, was drunk and in possession of a small amount of marijuana. Alvarez later submitted to a chemical test which showed a 0.15% BAC, police say.
Inside the vehicle, Alvarez and Santiago are accused of possessing a loaded handgun, crack cocaine, a scale and packaging materials.
Both were remanded to Dutchess County Jail.
- 2 Hudson Valley Men Charged With Murder After Dead Body
- Man Charged With Violently Murdering Hudson Valley Millionaire
- Hudson Valley Actress Accuses Showrunner of Sexual Harassment
- Will The Hudson Valley Experience a Huge Thanksgiving Snowstorm?
- New York Cop Killer Gets Parole
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Accused of Raping Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley