12 Facts You May Not Have Known About DuckTales
Everyone loves trivia about their favorite animated features and series, but with over 100 years of animation history behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in cartoons in this continuing video series. You think you know cartoons? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at Disney's beloved animated series that might solve a mystery or rewrite history, DuckTales! Inspired by the classic comics of Carl Barks, DuckTales was an enormous success that inspired several other adventure comedy series that would eventually be aired together as the Disney Afternoon. This video takes a look at the history of DuckTales, from its inspiration to the planned spinoff that turned into something else to how the show has literally defined a generation in one European country.
- If you would like to relive those magical Disney Afternoons of your youth, you can start by grabbing the first volume of DuckTales on DVD here.
- Or if you want to get volumes 1, 2, and 3 all together, click here.
- If you want to skip straight to the feature film, Treasure of the Lost Lamp, you can get that here.
- You can get the DuckTales: Remastered video game for several platforms here.
- If you've never read the masterful comics of Carl Barks that inspired the series, you absolutely should. This box set would be a good place to start.
- For more modern Duck comics by Barks's best loved successor, Don Rosa, start here.
Check out some installments of our other video series below, and let us know which cartoon series you think we should cover next in You Think You Know Cartoons?