Highland Walkway Welcome Center Will Open In June
Construction on the new Welcome Center in Highland for the Walkway Over the Hudson is on track for June completion. Hudson Valley One reports the new project includes a plaza with covered and uncovered seating and area for offices, restrooms, and concessions.
The weather has held up the construction of the new Welcome Center on the Dutchess County side of the Walkway, that project is expected to be completed in June of 2019. With an estimated 500,000 people crossing each year, these Welcome Centers will be a place to augment the Walkway Over The Hudson experience.
With warmer weather, you can expect more events on the Walkway. The next Moonwalk is on April 27. You'll have a chance to head out of the Walkway from 7:30-9:30PM that night.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America