Hudson Valley Bus Driver Dies Behind Wheel
An Ulster County bus driver suffered a fatal medical emergency while driving a bus in the Hudson Valley.
On Tuesday around 8:15 p.m., Ulster County Area Transit (UCAT) driver Billy Davis suffered a fatal medical emergency at the intersection of State Route 299 and North Putt Corners Road in New Paltz, according to Ulster County Executive Mike Hein.
First responders arrived on the scene, performed CPR and later transported Davis to Vassar Hospital in Poughkeepsie where he was pronounced deceased.
Hein called Davis a "well-respected bus driver."
No other injuries were reported.
"It is with profound sadness that we report the passing of an experienced and valued member of the Ulster County family," Hein said in a press release. "Our deepest thoughts and prayers are with his loving family as well as his coworkers during this time of great sorrow."
- The Hudson Valley Is The 'Epicenter Of Tick-Borne Diseases'
- Newburgh Man Charged in Insurance Fraud after Home Fire
- Rabid Coyote Attacks Young Girl in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Accused of Queens Murder
- Hudson Valley Biker Killed in Route 9W Crash
- Child Attacked by Coyote at Hudson Valley Park
- Man Sexually Abused Wife's Granddaughter in Hudson Valley
- 3-Time Cop Killer Released From Hudson Valley Prison
- Reward Offered After Fire at Old Hudson River Psychiatric Center
- Police: Four Arrested After Fatal Overdose in Dutchess County