Hudson Valley Corrections Officer Charged With Assault
A Hudson Valley officer is accused of assaulting a woman.
On Monday, the Kingston Police Department arrested Ulster County Corrections Officer Tyrone Brodhead, 44, of Kingston with assault, criminal obstruction of breathing and harassment.
The charges stem from prior altercations with a 27-year-old woman, according to the Kingston Police Department.
Ulster County Sheriff Paul VanBlarcum announced Brodhead has been suspended as a result of his arrest. The suspension is for up to 30 days pending an internal investigation by the Ulster County Sheriff's Office.
Officer Brodhead's access to the Ulster County Sheriff's Office is also suspended and he has been temporarily removed from all duty assignments, according to the Ulster County Sheriff's Office.
- 1 Killed, Many Hurt After High-Speed Chase in Hudson Valley
- 4 Nearly Struck By Lightning Celebrating July 4th in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Stabbed To Death on July 4th
- Search is on For Missing Hudson Valley Endangered Adult
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Tried To Kill Person at Popular Bar
- Hudson Valley Corrections Officer Charged With Assault
- Woman Hit, Killed By Train in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Prostitution Sting Leads to 7 Arrests
- Police: N.Y. State Trooper Killed by Suicidal School Principal