Hudson Valley Lawyer Failed To Refund Clients Over $40,000
A Hudson Valley lawyer has been suspended over professional misconduct which included not refunding clients.
Recently, the Grievance Committee for the Ninth Judicial District suspended Poughkeepsie based lawyer Michael R. Varble over professional misconduct.
Evidence found that Varble didn't respond to client inquiries and failed to refund clients of paid in advance work after clients ended their relationship with Varble, officials say.
The Grievance Committee received 18 complaints from Varble's former clients. Many of the complaints said Varble failed to refund clients, totaling over $40,000 dollars, according to court documents.
The Grievance Committee for the Ninth Judicial District sent Varble a letter after each complaint was received. Varble failed to respond to the letters, officials say.
Varble was found guilty of "professional misconduct immediately threatening the public interest based upon his failure to comply with the lawful demands of the Grievance Committee and other uncontroverted evidence of professional misconduct."
If he doesn't respond or appear for further investigatory or disciplinary proceedings, within six months, Varble will likely be disbarred, according to court documents.
- Over 468,000 Gallons of Raw Sewage Spills into the Hudson River
- Police: Hudson Valley Kids Participating in 'BB Gun War'
- Hudson Valley Contractor Defrauded Many Customers
- Resorts World Catskills Failing to Bring in Predicted Revenue
- Hudson Valley Teen Makes Professional Baseball Debut
- 2 Killed in Upper Hudson Valley Crashes, Others Injured
- Hudson Valley Prostitution Stings Leads to 14 Charged
- Officials Try to Eliminate Giant 'Horror Plant' in Hudson Valley
- Humongous Snake Falls On Top of Sleeping New York Man
- Woman Arrested After Hudson Valley Pot Farm Fire, Police Say