Hudson Valley Man Jailed For 15 Years for Home Invasion
A 21-year-old will spend the next 15 years in prison for stealing jewelry from a Hudson Valley home.
On Wednesday in Ulster County Court, 21-year-old Edward McCoy of Kingston was sentenced to 15 years prison following a burglary at a Kingston home in October 2017.
On Oct. 23, 2017, a Kingston mother and father left their home with two young kids to go to school and work. After the four left, a remaining daughter, a college student, heard noises coming from inside the home as she laid in bed.
Soon after McCoy walked into the daughter's room, officials say. McCoy ran from the home after seeing the girl in bed. As McCoy was running, the daughter took a photo.
Members of the Kingston Police Department responded immediately and found McCoy a couple blocks away, still in possession of stolen jewelry from the house.
- Hudson Valley Teen Drowns in Creek
- Police Warn After 'Predicate Sex Offender' Moves to Ulster County
- Hudson Valley Family Loses Everything in Fire, Help Needed
- 7-Story Building Collapses in Poughkeepsie, People Likely Trapped
- How To Avoid Deadly Brain-Eating Parasite
- Man Shot and Killed by Police in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Fondled Self at Kohl's in Front of Kids
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Pinched Child's Buttocks at Marshall's
- Hudson Valley Firefighters Deliver Baby Girl
- Weed May Soon Be Legal in New York State
- Hudson Valley Girl Is Fastest Girl in U.S. History