Mint Julep Recipe for Kentucky Derby Saturday
The running of the Kentucky Derby takes place every year on the first Saturday in May. This year marks the 144th year for the annual event, making it the longest-running sporting event on American soil.
Could the reason that everyone is so happy at this horse racing event be because of all the money ($2 million up for grabs), the big hats that are tradition for ladies to wear on race day or the abundance of mint juleps that are served throughout the afternoon?
You will have to decide. Here is how to make a Mint Julep, from MakersMark.com.
- 2 parts Maker’s Mark® Bourbon
- 1/2 part simple syrup
- Fresh mint leaves
- Add all ingredients to a julep cup.
- Gently muddle mint.
- Add crushed ice.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
Have you ever had a Mint Julep? Do you like to use a mint syrup or to muddle the mint like it is suggested above? Either way, enjoy the race and cheers!
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America