Local Day of Remembrance For World Aids Day
World Aids Day is marked each year on December 1 and this year, 2018, the Hudson Valley LGBTQ Community Center located at 300 Wall St, Kingston, New York 12401 will be holding a gathering of friends and information on Friday November 30, 2018 from 5:30pm to 7pm.
World Aid's Day was first started in 1988 to bring awareness to show support of those living with HIV and to commemorate those who have passed from the illness.
At the Hudson Valley LGBTQ Community Center you can mark the day with those who have been affected by HIV and AIDS, with friends and loved ones to honor all that have been touched by this disease and to focus on taking action for the future.
In addition there will be speakers and information tables along with viewings of the AIDS quilt. At 7:30 there will be a candlelight march to the Old Dutch Church in Kingston, with a service to follow.
For more information, contact the Hudson Valley LGBTQ Community Center at 845-331-5300.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America