Massive Sierra Nevada Beer Recall Underway
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company has announced a recall of eight of their signature brands across 36 states and New York is included. The voluntary recall was announced due to a glass packaging flaw. Their quality control team found that, in a limited number of bottles, a small piece of glass could break off ending up in the bottle.
The chance of this happening are slim, only 1 in every 10,000. But that's not the kind of thing you want to chance. The beer in question has been pulled from the shelves and anyone who purchased Sierra Nevada within the window below is eligible for a full refund.
Here is a list of beers to look at via press release from Sierra Nevada, all were packaged between December 5th 2016 and January 13th 2017:
• Pale Ale 12-ounce bottles in 6, 12 and 24 pack cases
• Beer Camp Golden IPA 12 ounce bottles in 6 and 12 pack cases
• Sidecar Orange Pale Ale 12 ounce bottles in 6 and 12 pack cases
• Torpedo Extra IPA 12 ounce bottles in 6 and 12 pack cases
• Tropical Torpedo 12 ounce bottles in 6 packs
• Nooner 12 ounce bottles in 6 packs
• Hop Hunter 12 ounce bottles in 6 and 12 pack cases
• Otra Vez 12-ounce bottles in 6-packs