Police: Drunk Hudson Valley Woman Injured in Rollover Crash
An alleged drunk Hudson Valley woman was injured after her car rolled over late at night in Orange County.
On Tuesday around 11:30 p.m., New Windsor police responded to the area of Little
Britain Road and Station Road for reported rollover car accident.
Arriving officers found one car resting on the driver’s side of the vehicle.
Police helped the driver, the car's lone occupant, who was trying to self-extricate herself
from the passenger side window, according to New Windsor police.
New Windsor Ambulance Corp arrived and treated the driver, a 26-year-old woman from New Windsor. She was taken to St Luke's Cornwall Hospital where she was later transferred to Westchester MedicalCenter for further treatment.
During the course of the investigation, officers developed probable cause to believe the driver was driving drunk, police say.
At St Luke's Cornwall Hospital, prior to being transferred to Westchester Medical
Center, the 26-year-old from New Windsor was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor.
Her condition wasn't released.
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Predicted To See 6 to 8 Inches of Snow
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near 6 Hudson Valley Schools
- Hudson Valley Cab Driver Raped 2 Young Girls
- 1 Killed, 4 Injured in Fiery Crash Near Woodbury Commons
- Sex Offender Moves Near 2 Hudson Valley Colleges
- Hudson Valley Man Enticed Child Into Sexually Activity
- Hudson Valley Doctor Arrested for Unlawful Drug Distribution
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley