Police: Dutchess County Man Assaults Child
A Dutchess County man is accused of beating a child outside of school.
On Monday, New York State Police from the Poughkeepsie barracks arrested 37-year-old Michael P. Thorpe of Washington for assault, a felony and endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor.
On Monday, New York State Police were contacted by school officials regarding injuries sustained by a child outside of school.
An investigation determined Thorpe assaulted a child less than 7-years-old, police say.
Thorpe was arraigned before the town of Washington Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond.
- Police Investigate Incident Between H.V. Principal and Student
- 7 Hudson Valley Schools Among Worst in State for SAT Scores
- Hudson Valley Man Helped Fugitives Wanted For Attempted Murder
- Police: Pit Bull Attacked 4 Dogs, 2 Owners in Hudson Valley
- Police: Man Sold Heroin at Hudson Valley Applebee’s
- Man Who Sodomized Child Lives Next to H.V. Elementary School
- Hudson Valley Man Wins $2.5 Million Lotto Jackpot
- Hudson Valley Teen Murdered in College Dorm
- Dutchess County Man Killed in Route 9D Crash
- Victims in Triple Murder-Suicide to be Laid to Rest in Hudson Valley