Police: Hudson Valley Man Drove ATV Drunk on Highway
A Hudson Valley man is accused of driving drunk on an ATV on a highway.
On Thursday around 7:40 p.m., Saugerties Police observed an ATV traveling west on Route 212. When patrols attempted to pull the ATV over the operator drove into in the Red Onion parking lot and back out onto Route 212, police say.
A short time later the ATV was finally stopped on Route 212. The driver of the ATV identified as 53-year-old Michael Cummins of Saugerties is accused of driving the ATV drunk.
Cummins submitted to a breath test which determined his Blood Alcohol Content was.19%, according to Saugerties Police. Cummins was charged with aggravated DWI, DWI, ATV on a highway, unregistered ATV and uninsured ATV.
Cummins was released to a third party and is scheduled to appear in the Town of Saugerties Justice Court on May 9.
- Police: Hudson Valley Bus Driver Tried to Meet Child for Sex
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured in Plane Crash in Orange County
- 3 Critically Hurt After Car Plows Into Popular H.V. Restaurant
- People Who Ate at Popular Hudson Valley Diner Exposed to Measles
- Police: Ulster County Man Found With Over 800 Bags of Heroin
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Drove ATV Drunk on Highway