Police: Hudson Valley Man Found With Over 3,000 Bags of Heroin
An alleged Hudson Valley drug dealer was caught with over 3,000 bags of heroin on him, police say.
On Wednesday around 1:30 p.m., a Town of New Windsor police officer pulled a car over on Walsh Road in New Windsor.
During the traffic stop, the driver, 41-year-old Harold R. Perez of New Windsor, was allegedly found in possession of 440 bags of heroin.
A search warrant of the man’s New Windsor home yielded 2,651 more bags of heroin, police say. Authorities also seized $6,771.35.
Perez was charged with two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, both felonies. He was sent to Orange County Jail on $75,000 bail.
- Police Officer, Fireman Found Dead At Popular Hudson Valley Bar
- Hudson Valley Teacher’s Aide Raped, Sexually Abused Boy
- New MTV 'Jersey Shore'-Style Show Films in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Owned, Shared Child Porn
- Robert De Niro, Julia Roberts Spotted In the Hudson Valley
- DA: 4 Die From Opioid Overdoses in Hudson Valley This Weekend
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Raping 2 Women Sentenced
- Police: Dutchess County Man Sexually Touched Child, More Victims Possible
- Police Investigate Fatal Shooting Near Hudson Valley Park
- Couple Accused of Identity Theft at Galleria Jewelry Store
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley