Police: Illegal Assault Rifles Found at Dutchess County Home
A number of illegal assault rifles and other dangerous weapons were found at a Dutchess County home.
On Friday, New York State Police from the Wappinger barracks arrested 48-year-old Scott H. Strack and 44-year-old Kim Amato, both of Fishkill, following a grand larceny investigation allegedly involving Amato
Authorities found three illegal assault rifles with large capacity magazines, one taser, brass knuckles and a baton during a search warrant at Max Way in Fishkill, police say.
Strack claimed the weapons belonged to him, according to State Police. He was charged with three counts of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, all felonies, three counts of fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and possession of large capacity ammunition feed device, all misdemeanors.
Amato was arrested for grand larceny, a felony.
Strack was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $7,500 cash bail or $15,000 bond. Amato was issued an appearance ticket.
- Teen Killed In Florida Tragedy Accepted by Hudson Valley College
- Hollywood A-Listers Seen in Hudson Valley
- 2 Hudson Valley Men Arrested For Sexually Abusing Local Children
- Hudson Valley 'Hero' Stops Potential School Shooting
- Hudson Valley Man Becomes National Sensation For Destroying AR-15
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Fleeing Scene of Fatal Accident
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley