Reward Doubled for Info On Fatal I-84 Hit-And-Run
An even bigger reward is being offered after a Hudson Valley man was found dead on I-84 in an apparent hit-and-run.
In April, Daniel Crawford Jr., 32, of Brewster was found dead in the right lane of Interstate 84, near Exit 2 in Danbury. A Jeep Grand Cherokee was also found stopped on the right shoulder.
Police believe Crawford was hit by a passing vehicle, or vehicles, which fled the scene after his Jeep ran out of gas.
Because police had little information to work with, Crawford's family offered a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest of the person or people responsible.
Months later, with no real leads, Crawford's family doubled the reward.
“It’s all we can really afford as far as our family’s financial situation otherwise the money would be meaningless and I’d give whatever I could, but that’s what we have so that’s what we’re offering and I’m hoping somebody knows something and if the person responsible won’t come forward somebody in their circle will,” Crawford's father, Daniel Crawford Sr., told Fox 61.
Anyone who thinks they may have witnessed the crash is asked to call Connecticut State Police at 203-267-2200. All calls will remain confidential.
Crawford graduated from Brewster High School, according to his obituary. He had a great passion for fishing in the Hudson Valley and was described as a people person.
- Hudson Valley School District May Ban Homework
- Hudson Valley School Bus Involved in Head-On Crash
- Reward Doubled for Info On Fatal I-84 Hit-And-Run
- New York Officials Declare 'Emergency' Across Tri-State
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Killed Days Before Wedding
- Hudson Valley High School Deals With Tragedy For 3rd Year
- Hudson Valley Bed & Breakfast Owners Took Money From Disabled Man