Rowing Fundraiser To Benefit Breast Cancer Research
Participants will take to the Hudson River for the Row for a Cure event in Poughkeepsie on Sunday, June 3rd. Organized by the Wappingers Falls Crew Club the event is also supported by the Hudson Valley Rowing League and Hudson River Rowing Association.
This will be the 11th year for Row For a Cure and all funds raised go to the Susan G. Komen organization which 'saves lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing through breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer'.
Founded in 2004, the Wappingers Crew club was started to promote the sport of crew to students grade 7-12 in the Wappingers Central School District. Entry fees start at $10 for singles and go all the way up to $80 for an eight-person boat.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America