Sex Offender Moves From One Hudson Valley County To Another
A Hudson Valley sex offender has moved from local county to another. He’s now within walking distance of a number of popular spots.
John McCarthy, 46, moved from Ulster County to an apartment on South Bridge Street in Poughkeepsie.
The Level-2 sex offender was convicted in 2014 for sexual misconduct with a 19-year-old female in the Town of Lloyd. McCarthy was sentenced to six years probation and fined $705.
According to Google Maps, McCarthy is now less than one mile from Mahoney’s, Poughkeepsie Ice House, River Station, Amici’s, Schatzi’s Pub, The Derby, The Mid-Hudson Civic Center, Union Tavern and the Poughkeepsie Public Library.
It’s unclear as to why McCarthy moved from Ulster County to Dutchess County.
- Police: Two Hudson Valley Women Overdose on Heroin With Baby In Hot Car
- Hudson Valley Man Appeals Manslaughter Charge
- Hudson Valley Couple Stole Over $9,000 Worth of Jewelry, Police Say
- Dangerous, High-Risk Sex Offender Moves in Hudson Valley
- ‘Very Convincingly Prepared’ Scam Arrives In the Hudson Valley
Paul Teutul Sr. and Orange County Choppers honors police departments, fire departments and more.