Simon’s Top 5 WRRV Artist Interviews
I've been fortunate to have the opportunity to interview a number of WRRV artists in studio, on location and over the phone. Let's take a look at my top five.
5. Ben Burnley of Breaking Benjamin: We didn't have video rolling on this one, but he's been one of my favorite frontmen for many years. Been was originally from the Scranton area so he's familar with the Hudson Valley, having played many shows here over the years.
4. Jack Antonoff of Bleachers: I'll always remember this one because I screwed up the band name. And if you're going to screw up the band name, you do it in front of the guy who's the lead singer of said band. Right? By the way, it's just Bleachers. There's no 'the' in front of Bleachers.
3. Tom DeLonge of Blink 182: At the time he was still in the band and he actually broke some news saying they'd decided who to work with on a new Blink 182 album. Of course a month after the interview, things went south and Tom was out of the band.
2. The Verve Pipe: Having been a Verve Pipe fan for more than 20 years, this was another one I'll always remember. Check out a great version of their classic 'The Freshman'.
1. Zach and Dave from The Revivalists: It was a real thrill to do my first artist interview at Mountain Jam this past summer, having been such a big fan of the festival for many years. So the fact it was an amazing band like The Revivalists, it's an experience I won't soon forget.
Honorable Mention: Dirty Heads at WRRV Sessions: We invented a new drinking game for people to play along with.