Ulster County Woman Charged With Trespassing at Local Church
A Hudson Valley woman who has been removed from a local church on many occasions is accused of returning to the church to annoy and harass the pastor.
On Wednesday around 8:40 a.m., Saugerties Police responded to a trespass complaint at the St. John’s Evangelist Church on Route 212 in the Town of Saugerties.
Laura A. Duffy, 69, of Willow was removed from the church on several occasions this month at the request of the pastor, police say. Duffy was allegedly told that if she returned to the church she would be arrested for trespassing.
On Wednesday Duffy is accused of returning to the church in order to annoy and harass the pastor.
Duffy was charged with trespass, a violation.
- Police: Hudson Valley Mother Kills Children’s Father
- 8 Accused of Moving to Hudson Valley to Sell Large Amounts of Heroin
- Hudson Valley Police Save Potential Suicidal Woman
- Help Needed to Find 2 Missing Hudson Valley Men
- Police: Hudson Valley Mechanic Steals Check From Customer’s Car
- Beware: Man Trying To Lure Children Into Car in the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley