20-Year-Old Killed in Route 17 Crash
A 20-year-old lost his life following a crash in the Hudson Valley.
On Wednesday around 1 p.m., New York State Police from Monroe responded to a one-car motor vehicle crash on State Route 17 eastbound in the area of Exit 129.
Troopers soon found a 2007 Dodge Caliber down an embankment. The driver, 20-year-old Devon Persaud from Queens Village was found dead from injuries he sustained from the accident, police say.
There were no passengers in the vehicle, according to New York State Police.
As of this writing, the cause of the crash is unknown, but police say the investigation into the crash continues.
- Winter Storm Watches Issued For Most of the Hudson Valley
- Business Abruptly Closes For Good at Poughkeepsie Galleria
- DA: Hudson Valley Man Watched Child Porn on Local Church Computer
- Foot of Snow Still Not Ruled Out For Hudson Valley This Weekend
- Longtime Hudson Valley Restaurant Suddenly Closes
- Hudson Valley City Among 'Most Dangerous' in United States
- These Children Have Gone Missing From The Hudson Valley
- Car Demolishes Popular Hudson Valley Deli & Pizzeria, 2 Injured
- Woman Fatally Struck By Car Walking in Hudson Valley, 1 Injured
- 1 Killed After Car Crashes Into Hudson Valley Business
- Hudson Valley Man Found Dead in Ditch
- Major Expansion Planned For Woodbury Commons