It’s Official This Flea Market Will Open in April New York
You had so much fun there last year that you have been just waiting for the news that broke this week. It's time to find your reusable bags and comfy walking shoes with Spring officially starting it is no surprise that some of our favorite warm-weather activities are getting ready to get underway for 2023 and that includes your favorite flea markets.
Elephant's Trunk Flea Market shared on their Facebook page that it will be opening the gates on Sunday, April 2nd, 2023, field conditions permitting they will keep us updated. The pre-paid tickets and vendor information should be available in the upcoming weeks and the key to the actual opening will be the weather staying dry so that the field is ready for you and all the vendors.
Elephant's Trunk Flea Market Opens for 2023
How to Get to Elephants Trunk from New York
If you aren't familiar with Elephant's Truck Flea Market let me try to get you up to speed before the excitement starts. Elephant's Truck is the largest weekly flea market in the New England area and is so easy to get to from the Hudson Valley. You can take I-84 East or State Route 55 to US 7 and either way you are there in an hour.
What Time Can I Start Shopping at Elephant's Trunk Flea Market?
Dealers arrive by 4:15 AM so if you want you can pay $20 to get in early and shop from 5:30 AM to 7 AM to beat the crowds. If you aren't an early riser you can prepay $10 and shop from 7 AM to 8 AM. General admission for those of us who sleep in on Sundays is $3 and that starts at 8 AM and goes until 2 PM when the market shuts down. General Admission tickets are only available on-site.
Flea Markets Close to New York
Elephant's Truck has dealers arrive from all over so there is an unbelievable selection of items. According to the Facebook page, about 60% of the items are antiques and collectibles the other 40% are new or a mix. The is also a wide variety of food available and plenty of parking. Pets are not permitted so please leave your animals at home not in the car.