5 Arrested Following Wild, Violent Underage Hudson Valley Party
Five people were arrested, with more possible, after an underage party turned violent. One person was thrown through a window, another stabbed, others robbed.
Last Friday around 12 a.m., East Fishkill police responded to a 911 call for a person thrown through a window at a party on Wilmont Court in Hopewell Junction.
Arriving officers found close to 100 people at the party. Several people were assaulted or were involved in fights, police say.
Three people left the party and were taken to local hospitals.
An initial investigation determined that a 17-year-old hosted a party after he was left home alone. The party was posted to social media which added to the crowd size, police say.
A number of different fights erupted. One person was punched, shoved into a window and struck across the head with a glass bottle. Another person was stabbed in the hand with a knife, police say.
Two people were assaulted and robbed in a car down the street from the party. Other fights were reported by no one came forward with details, according to the East Fishkill Police Department.
Following a five-day investigation the following people were arrested:
- Kienen Garrett, 19, of Hopewell Junction: two counts of robbery, both felonies and assault, a misdemeanor
- Anthony Wray, 19, of Fishkill: two counts of robbery, a felony.
- Besmir Latifaj, 17, of Fishkill: two counts of robbery, both felonies and assault, a misdemeanor
- Tyler Folkes, 19, of Hopewell Junction: gang assault, a felony.
- Andrew Saltos, 21, of Fishkill: two counts of robbery, a felony and assault, a misdemeanor.
All were remanded to the Dutchess County Jail on $2,500 cash bail or $5,000 bond.
The investigation into other incidents from the party is continuing. More charges are possible, police say. Anyone with any information about these events is asked to contact East Fishkill Police at 221-2111.
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley