60 Lbs of Laughing Gas Uncovered During I-87 Traffic Stop
A routine traffic stop by Hudson Valley police ended with authorities discovering 60 pounds of Nitrous Oxide.
On October 17 police say they pulled over a car at around 3:30 p.m. on I-87 near Woodbury. According to authorities, the vehicle was stopped for vehicle and traffic violations, but when an officer interviewed the driver he suspected that there was something else going on.
After searching the vehicle, the driver and two passengers were found to be in possession of almost 50 pounds of nitrous oxide, more commonly referred to as laughing gas.
The driver, Dennis Andaluz, from the Bronx and his two passengers Evelyn Candelaria, also from the Bronx, and Daniel A. Figueroa, from Palisades Park, NJ were arrested and brought to Newburgh where they were charged with the following crimes:
- Unlawful Possession of Marihuana; a Violation (Andaluz only)
- Unlawful Possession of Noxious Matter (All Three)
- Illegal Use/Sale of Nitrous Oxide (All Three)
- Vehicle and Traffic Violations (Andaluz only)
- Fugitive from Justice (Figueroa only)
Figueroa is currently awaiting arraignment in the Town of Woodbury Court. The other two suspects were charged and released.