Bannerman Island Set To Screen Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
Bannerman Island continues to roll out movies for their 2018 season. On Saturday, June 23rd you'll be able to have the unique experience of watching the classic Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory on an island in the middle of the Hudson River.
Each of their 2017 film screenings sold out so if you want to go, reserving your tickets in advance is a good idea. The experience lasts from 7-10 PM and includes a boat ride to and from Beacon along a tour of the island. Popcorn, candy, and drinks are available for purchase.
The classic Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory was reportedly made with a budget of just a few million dollars. When it was released in 1971, it was not wildly successful but has gained in popularity over the years. The story follows Charlie who gets a golden ticket and visits the Wonka factory with four other children. Hijinx ensues.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America