California Woman Accused of Drug Induced Crash on Thruway
A California woman is accused of causing a drug induced crash on Interstate 87 in the Hudson Valley.
On Sunday around 3 p.m., State Police responded to I-87 in the Town of Cornwall for a report of a possible motor vehicle accident.
An investigation at the scene reveled that 26-year-old Christina K. Hearn of Laguna Nigeul, C.A. was driving while impaired by drugs, police say.
While in custody, Hearn was charged after she was evaluated by a Drug Recognition Expert and submitted to further testing to determine the alcohol or drugs in her system.
She was charged with reckless endangerment, assault, criminal mischief, all felonies, criminal possession of a weapon, operating a motor vehicle impaired by drugs, reckless driving, misdemeanors, as well as multiple vehicle and traffic violations.
Hearn was arraigned in Town of Cornwall Court and remanded to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail or $150,000 bond.
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Second Fatal Drunk Driving Accident
- Beware: Man Trying To Lure Children Into Car in the Hudson Valley
- Help Needed to Find 2 Missing Hudson Valley Men
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered By Teen, Police Say
- Police: Teen Poses as Police Officer, Attempts To Lure Woman into Car
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley