Cops: Hudson Valley Sex Offender Raped Child, More Victims Likely
A registered sex offender living in the Hudson Valley is accused of sexually abusing a child in the area and police believe more victims are possible.
On Wednesday, the Town of Montgomery Police Department conducted an investigation of allegations of a sexual assault. The assault allegedly took place between July and August on more than one occasion involving a person under 13, police say.
Following an investigation, 35-year-old Jeremiah C. Hochteil of Montgomery was arrested. Police didn't release how their investigation led to Hochteil being charged with rape and predatory sexual assault of a child, both felonies.
He was remanded to the Orange County Jail with no bail. Hochteil is listed as a Level-2 sex offender, according to the New York State sex offenders database. In 2003, he was convicted of sexually abusing a 13-year-old girl in Walden and sentenced to 6 months in prison.
The investigation is ongoing with the possibility of other victims, police say. Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Sgt Farina at 845-457-9211 or email@example.com
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Over Immigration Crackdown
- Tick Carrying a Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Found Near New York
- Cops: Hudson Valley Sex Offender Raped Child, More Victims Likely
- Man On The Run From Police in Hudson Valley For Nearly 20 Years
- Hudson Valley Man Arranged to Meet Teen At Mall For Sex
- Buffalo Wild Wings To Open New Restaurant in the Hudson Valley