DEC: Husband and Wife Illegally Dumped Couch in Hudson Valley
A husband and wife are accused of dumping a large couch on a dead-end road in the Hudson Valley.
In late June, a Department of Environmental Conservation officer was alerted to a Facebook post of a video of a man in a U-Haul truck dumping a large red couch on a dead-end road in the town of Thompson.
The officer contacted the person who posted the video and was provided with a license plate from the truck. The ECO investigated the case with the assistance of a deputy from the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office.
The deputy tracked the rental to a service center in Rock Hill, where the officers were given the name of a woman who rented the truck.
Surveillance video from the store showed the woman with the man from the Facebook video walking in to rent the truck, officials say.
The deputy interviewed the woman and showed her the surveillance video. The woman gave the officer a written statement saying it was her husband in the surveillance video, according to the DEC.
Following the investigation, the officers issued the husband tickets for unlawful disposal of solid waste, depositing a noisome or unwholesome substance on or near a roadway and violating the town's littering ordinance.
- Hudson Valley Woman Says Disgusting Item Found in Taco Bell Order
- Missing American Scientist From Lower Hudson Valley Found Dead
- Hudson Valley Teacher to Battle James Holzhauer on Jeopardy!
- Two Lower Hudson Valley Mothers Die in Dominican Republic
- 33 Hudson Valley School Districts That Pay Principals The Most
- Missing Hudson Valley Man Found Dead
- Lower Hudson Valley Mother Dies In Dominican Republic
- Naked Hudson Valley Man Injured After Jumping From Moving Truck
- Bears Are Being Seen Near Hudson Valley Homes At Alarming Rates